hours minutes seconds
Amazon Prime Day!
Amazon Prime day is coming on Tuesday, October 13th and will run through Wednesday October 14th. It’s a 48-hour event with amazing deals and offers exclusive to Prime Members. The added bonus, Amazon, is offering a free 30-day trial. You can take part in the event without worrying about being locked into a subscription.
You can find deals on more than a million products. Many of which, are Amazon’s own devices, like *Fire Tablets and Fire TV Sticks. Or products like: *Lap tops, head phones, speakers, TVs and home appliances.
I became an Amazon Prime member two years ago. My buying habits changed, and I realized I was buying more products online. I spent a lot of money on shipping and it took forever to get my products when choosing the cheapest shipping method. My friend told me about a free trial for Amazon Prime, so I signed up. I didn’t realize there were so many Benefits to being a Prime member.
Membership Benefits, as listed on Amazon.ca*
- FREE Two-Day Shipping on eligible items. Note: If the item you’re ordering is out of stock or unavailable to ship, we’ll get it to you two days after it’s back in stock. Remember to check the cut-off time shown on the detail page. Orders over $1,300 may require a signature.
- FREE Same-Day and One-Day Delivery on eligible items in select areas (see if you are in an eligible postal code).
- Free Standard Shipping on eligible items.
- Discounted One-Day and Same-Day Shipping where eligible.
- No minimum purchase for shipping benefits.
- Prime Video: Unlimited streaming of movies and TV episodes for paid or free trial members. For more information, go to What’s Prime Video?
- Prime Music: Ad-free and on-demand access to curated playlists and stations for members in Canada. For more information, go to About Prime Music
- Prime Reading: You can borrow books, comics, and more from the Prime Reading catalog and read them on your Fire tablet, Kindle e-reader, or the Kindle reading apps for iOS and Android. For more information, go to Borrow Titles from Amazon Prime Reading.
- Amazon Photos: Secure unlimited photo storage in Amazon Photos. For more information, go to About Amazon Photos.
- Prime Gaming: Every month, get free games, in-game content, and a free channel subscription on Twitch.tv. Some content is provided by third parties and is subject to their terms; you will need to link your Prime account to your third-party account. For more information, go to Prime Gaming. For more information, go to Prime Gaming.
- Prime Early Access: Get 30-minute early access to select Lightning Deals on Amazon.ca. For more information, go to About Prime Early Access.
Since I joined, I haven’t looked back. It has been a very worth while investment. I started off by reaping the benefits of the free one- and two-day shipping methods, and took advantage of some of the early access Lightning deals.
Then we started watching on Prime Video. They have a lot of movies and TV shows, plus you can rent or buy movies that haven’t been released yet/are no longer on Netflix or Disney+. This comes in very handy when you have kids that want to watch their favorite show that just got taken off Netflix. My kids always watch the same movies repeatedly. Imagine, you go in to put it on, and it is no longer there. Parents you know what I mean! This is no longer an issue, when you can simply login to your Prime Video and search for the show. They don’t have every tv show or movie every made, but they have a great selection, and we have found many of our favorites.
I had family members that were not interested in shopping online because they hated paying for shipping. When they found out I had a Prime membership they would ask me to order products for them online. I found myself talking up Prime Memberships. I was literally free marketing for Amazon Prime. In the end, after seeing all the value a Prime membership offered, they wound up subscribing.
I look at it like this. How many people have Costco memberships? I’m also a member there lol. My point is, you sign up because they offer you value. The Prime Membership is cheaper than an Executive Membership at Costco and you will have access to a lot more products, and features.
If you register for Amazon Prime today, you can start your 30-day free trial. If you aren’t happy with it in the end, you can simply opt out before your trial ends. I have a feeling you won’t though 🙂 Give it a try you have nothing to lose!
Click the link below to sign up for your free trial now.f
Similarly, to Costco’s cash back program, through their credit lender, you can also sign up for the Amazon Rewards Mastercard, which yields added benefits like cash back. For offer details click here, pricing & terms click here.
Amazon Rewards Mastercard Benefits
- No annual fee.
- 1.5% cashback at amazon.ca and Whole Foods Market stores.
- Get 1% back on eligible purchases everywhere else, including foreign currency transactions
*Benefits borrowed from Amazon Prime website for accuracy. Links contained in this blog do not reflect Amazon Prime day deals, products or prices. Actual deals will only be revealed on Prime Day.